Let’s face it: building a website is OVERWHELMING. Even “easy” do-it-yourself options have hidden costs and cause hours of frustration.
In this workshop, we’ll ditch the website stress and learn how to build and maintain a site that’s “good enough”. You’ll learn how to use Mailerlite to create a simple, functional website that won’t break the bank (scroll down for an exact monthly cost breakdown).
This is ideal for dancers just getting started with websites and email marketing. If you’ve been putting off taking this important step to level up your business, now’s the time to take the leap.
Here’s what we’ll cover in the workshop:
- How to choose and register your domain name
- How to set up an email account and website on your domain
- Writing copy (website text) that converts visitors to students
- The essential pages and features your website needs
- How to add an email signup form to your site to deliver freebies and collect signups
- Incorporating testimonials for social proof
- SEO (search engine optimization) basics to get your website found on Google
- Monthly website maintenance checklist
- Where to look for resources when you get stuck
Tools and Cost Estimation
When it comes to business expenses, it’s always good to know what you’re getting yourself into! We’ve chosen these tools because they’re affordable, relatively simple to use, and are tools we ourselves use.
For this workshop, we will be creating a website in Mailerlite. A $10/month Mailerlite plan also includes email marketing for up to 1,000 subscribers, making it a streamlined and affordable option. To use Mailerlite, you’ll also have to register a domain name (ex: sharqui.com) and set up an email account on that domain (e.g. email@example.com). We recommend Namecheap as your domain registrar, but regardless of where you register it, your domain will be about $10-$20 per year. For email hosting we recommend Namecheap ($2/month) or Google Suite ($6/month including file storage and Google tools).
Altogether, your costs will be roughly $13-$18 per month for everything (domain, email hosting, email marketing tool, and website).
About your Instructor
Angelina is SharQui’s Tech Specialist and a certified SharQui Instructor based in Raleigh, NC. She’s passionate about helping creative people harness technology to create and promote their projects online. Find her on Instagram @rhythmandrhinestones.